Dear guitar students and parents
As you are aware, we are no longer able to do guitar lessons on a face-to-face basis until further notice.
Normally we would be resuming lessons in schools or at my studio after the Easter break. However, as you know this may not be possible. Therefore many schools have recommended the use of ‘Zoom’ for online lessons:
I will be testing this with friends and adult students this week to gain some experience of this method of teaching before offering it to younger students. However, there are some important guidelines we must adhere to as recommended by the Musicians Union:
Live Webcam guitar teaching – safeguarding guidelines
- An adult should be present or nearby during the lesson.
- Devices used for the lesson must be in an appropriate shared space such as living rooms, dining rooms, kitchens. (Not bedrooms or bathrooms).
- Student and teacher must be dressed appropriately, including any family members in the background.
- Language must be professional and appropriate, including any family members in the background.
- Ensure that your video background is appropriate.
I will also be available to do additional lessons outside of school term if wanted. These will be invoiced on a lesson-by-lesson basis. If this is of interest please let me know and we can arrange slots from next week (once I have some experience of this method of teaching).
I will endeavour to do some helpful YouTube videos and resources over the next few weeks. If there is anything anyone wants me to cover in particular let me know.
OTHER RESOURCES ON MY SITE
I have a few things on my site already including a free beginners book in PDF format:
And some audio recordings of ABRSM grade material:
(Some pieces are now out of date but I will update these soon)
Audio recordings of RGT/LCM material
Rockschool have authorised the use of video exam submissions. More info here:
Any queries feel free to contact me. More news and updates soon. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy and I look forward to keeping in touch.